Name: Rafe "Araq" Araquiel.
Notable Traits: the majority of his body is mechanical of not-quite-Imperial tech with many non-documented combat features and qualities, trained mechanic, trained cogitator support, trained EOD.
Titles: Chief Engineer of The Price of Freedom.
Information Known by Arkangel Society
- Known to go wandering through Arkangel, sometimes disappearing for days.
- Has been seen in numerous fight clubs/arenas on board the station.
- Has been seen repairing mechanical faults and fixing subsystems on board the station that no-one has cared about in decades, if not centuries.
- Born on Baal to parents (deceased) of no especial note.
- Has an older brother & sister, who each passed the aspirant trials into the Blood Angels. Their current status & names are unknown.
- His body is a relic from The Golden Age of Humanity, buried on Mars for uncounted millennia, designed by AIs.
- His body contains xenotech, not stolen but built in concert with.
- His body is powered by warp energy, drawn & contained & controlled by a micro-Gellar field which could suck a planet into the warp if it failed.
- He never had a human mind or soul, and is in fact multiple machine spirits working in concert.
- He is being hunted by the Adeptus Mechanicus.
- He also took the aspirant trials on Baal alongside his brother & sister, but failed - and was banished in shame.
- He also passed the aspirant trials on Baal - yet is here anyway.
- He is in actuality a custom arco-flagellent, deployed on a trial run for the Officio Assassinorum, and he has a target.
- "I am the weapon." - Araquiel
- "Anyone willing to do what he does is worth all the thrones in the Imperium, I once saw him doing maintenance." - Maximillion
- "A competent hard worker if prone to boredom and more intelligent than his demeanor lets on. He also has far more cybernetics than when I first met him some years ago in a field Hospital... " - Lieutenant-Surgeon Schwarzkappel
- "He doesn't say a lot, but when he does it tends to be to the point. He's an excellent guy to be a moderate, not-too-close distance from in a scrap." - Mac
- "Everyone will point out his capability and hard working demeanour. I'll just tell you that if you don't think that man has a wicked sense of humour then you're not paying close enough attention." - Victrix
- "Who?" - Ambrose Cordell Tollman
- "Dependable chap" - Cartwright
- "I spent about an hour in the canteen trying to figure out how to fix Data-Smith Mekenzo, when I got back it turned out Araq had already sorted it. I am both impressed and frustrated by his competence" - Oberarzt Azrael Schwarzekappel
- "I have yet to see Araquiel in battle. I should like to." - Thunder
- "His abilities are impressive. I suppose when he decides he is ready to talk again I may have more time." - Ed'wari
- "Ruthless respect for ones own time? I like that." - Ambrose Cordell Tollman
- "He is impressive with great skill, I just wonder when he will learn that what was taken from him was not what mattered." - Maximillion
Player: Mark Fairbrother.
Inspirations: Adam Jensen & the Deus Ex universe/stories, Major Kusanagi & the Ghost in the Shell universes/stories, Battle Angel: Alita.
Soundtrack: music by Imagine Dragons.