Dynasty: Rexuz Dynasty
Notable Traits: His mask is his most recognisable feature, along with his red robe. He is also often seen carrying around a bag of ritual components. More recently, he can be seen with his pocket watch, an arborian bandana, and Priscilla (his sword).
Skills: Psyker (Diviner), Ritualist, Pilot.
Information Known by Arkangel Society
Tempus was recruited at the age of twelve to join the Imperial Guard academy within the Ruhort Sector. After three years of intensive training, he was deployed to the battlefield. Within his first year of deployment, at the age of sixteen, he awakened as a psyker. He was quickly shipped off to the Black Ships, and trained to control his psyker abilities.
As a powerful sanctioned psyker for the Imperial Guard, Tempus looked into the fate of Harlequin. Seeing that broke his mind, and forced him into a state where he had to wear a mask to ‘keep the thoughts in’. Thanks to his service to the Guard, and that his 'break' did not appear to pose a risk to those around him, he was forced into cryosleep shortly after.
He was later discovered, and recruited, by Lord Captain Rexuz as he ‘might be useful’. Initially, he had a difficult time adapting to his new life as part of the rogue trader crew, often feeling the compulsion to ask permission for even the most mundane of tasks. He also had a great deal of difficulty establishing exactly when he was in his own timeline, often answering questions that had not yet been asked, making reference to events that had not yet happened, or responding to things that had happened weeks ago.
Over time, he began to become more independent, thanks to the support of both his crew, and the example set by the psykers of other dynasties. However, he still had difficulty grounding himself in the timeline. To help with this, Lord Captain Rexuz gifted him a pocket watch, so he could always refer to it in order to tell "when now is".
A New Arborian
After hunting a basilisk along side Spider, she took it upon herself to recognise Tempus as an adult, and marked him with the blood of the beast (causing quite the issue, given the blood was toxic). Later, she adopted him as an arborian, after putting him through an Aborian Rite of Passage, so that he may have a people to call his own. He is now often seen wearing his bandana with pride.
Due to unfortunate circumstances that occurred during a ritual to stop the Fugia Anima(sp?), Tempus has lost his memories of his time prior to awakening as a psyker, along with his ability to speak High Gothic.
Rumours suggest that Tempus is not his original name, though Tempus seems to know of no other name he would be called by. It has been suggested that Tempus is actually the name of the mask, and that the personality known as Tempus is the personality of the mask, similar how each harlequin mask is different. This idea is difficult to prove, given Tempus's unwillingness to remove his mask, as it "keeps the thoughts in".
- "For a guy from the future, Tempus is pretty solid. He's from the future, right? Something like that? Spider explained it once but I think I may not have understood it." Mac
- "Trust, faith, and determination. The soul of a warrior. I'm proud to call him my people, and glad to give him a people to call his own." - Spider
- "That someone should be able to glimpse over the horizon of time ought to be amongst the most terrifying prospects imaginable. That it is Tempus who is capable of such, I instead draw comfort from the fact." - Thunder
- "Competent if quiet and possibly lacking in confidence. Now blooded and a man by the Standards of the Arborians. I look forward to him living up to such. He has not come under my blade yet, that is a good sign" - Surgeon Azrael Schwarzekappel
- "A quiet tech priest who lacks the grouchy nature of Karchev, good in a fight and knows his craft... Probably a newer model of toaster." - Decius Crane
- "Aw, isn't he adorable." - Stacy
- "A field Psyker that has yet to explode or suffer from warp maladies to my knowledge. He is a credit to his crew, especially after participating in the ritual to deal with the warp shenanigans on the last landing" - Azrael Schwarzekappel
- "I totally get him. Unfortunately, he also gets me." - Stacy
- "Knowing things like that must weigh on someone."Anahita
- "Remember even in your mistakes there is a leason to be experienced, know that I will be there when you need it." - Maximillion
Player: Michael Dyson
- Merlin - Arthurian Lore
- Doctor Strange - Marvel Comics/Cinematic Universe
- Various Timelords - Doctor Who
- Other characters I can't recall right now.