Name: Emsat Praxides Stenberg.
Titles: Missionary, Cerastes Head of Chaplaincy, Exorcist (retired).
Information Known by Arkangel Society
- Newly arrived through the Maw. Carries a worn but ornate thunder hammer.
- Born on Terra, biological parentage not recorded, officially a Ward of The Ecclesiarchy.
- Was 'asked' to 'retire'.
- Has not retired at all.
- Came through the Maw as a punishment.
- His name is on the roll of candidates for Ecclesiarch.
- Has worked alongside the Inquisition.
- Has exorcised Inquisitors.
- Has been invited inside The Imperial Palace.
- Refused to enter The Imperial Palace.
- Has undergone more life-extension than he remembers.
- Has undergone more mind-wiping than he knows.
- Still knows too much.
- Still cares about humanity.
- Gives precisely zero fucks about anything anymore.
- "The hammer that shatters that which is glass... tempers that which is steel." - Emsat Stenberg
- "It was good enough for the martyrs and it's good enough for me." - Lord-Captain Macharius Malvoisin
- "Their faith is clear enough that I knew he was of the cloth before being introduced. I was not disappointed when I was. He will be an asset to the Fleet I have no doubt." - Azrael Schwarzekappel
- "Finally! Some good, old-fashioned, fire and brimstone preaching. I like this man already." - Rusev
- "Seems like a proper "psalms and bayonets type" Preacher. Good" - Cartwright
- "Quiet, at least to me. I did notice him listening into one of my conversations with the other preacher. I suspect I will not enjoy the silence forever." - Ed'wari
- "I did not realise I missed that kind of certainty. When he spoke during the memorial, for a little while, I forgot how complicated everything is out here. It was nice." - Rafi
- "A fine Orator. He will make a fine addition to the fleet. We will have need of such a man in future" - Arkady Borovich
- "Refreshingly a man of pure faith. I am interested to see how long that it lasts." - Maximillion
- "It is good that such a man is here. It was... weird, to hear him compliment my ceremony, though. I never expect more than tolerance from the mainstream Ecclesiarchy for the kindsa ways and means we have in the Drifter Fleet. But I guess out here shit is so far down the other end of the scale that where I am and where he is looks pretty close together." - Spider
Player: Mark Fairbrother.
Inspirations: Patriarchs Bergsten & Emban from The Elenium & The Tamuli by David Eddings.